One of the largest national health systems needed urgent assistance in defining, controlling and aggressively executing on 30+ cost-saving strategic initiatives. The goal was to continue a turn-a-round effort and save $50-60M over a two year period.
Elements of the Approach:
Amy partnered with the company’s executive committee and leaders across the enterprise to create and execute a complete approach for managing and measuring results across a broad set of critical strategic initiatives.
- In close collaboration with the CFO, created an integrated view of corporate performance measures aligned with operational measures.
- Collaborated with all health plan and physician leaders to determine net savings for each initiative.
- Enabled the prioritization of key initiatives as part of the strategic planning process.
- Facilitated and provided key information at senior executive regional and national meetings.
- Recommended, created and executed the strategic management processes.
- These 30+ initiatives had high impact to revenue, costs and expenses.
- Provided integrated insights using the right information, the right measures (budget, actual, targets) at the right time to coordinate decisions and actions between all executives, departments and organizational leaders to execute and manage the strategic initiatives.
“Amy Kelling was a valued member of our strategic planning committee. The committee provided oversight on key short and long term plans for marketing, finance, operations and information technology. Through her hard work and determination, she gained the trust and respect of the senior leadership. She also provided a unique perspective to our strategic challenges.”
Kaiser Permanente, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan