A national health system was implementing a large referrals initiative that was woefully off track by about 3 months. This initiative was foundational for future cost saving opportunities to improve the management of external and internal referrals.
Elements of the Approach:
Amy partnered with executives, physician and health plan leaders, directors, managers, supervisors, analysts and staff across the organization in many ways. A few elements are listed below:
- Created the execution framework and led the business initiative.
- Partnered with stakeholders to overcome many significant barriers.
- Created and led a series of structured meetings to re-design the business processes and identify the critical measures
- Created and led a series of structured meetings to quickly gather, create, review and revise all action plans with all regional, national and external stakeholders.
- The initiative was successfully put back on track.
- The successful acceleration prevented the delay of the financial benefits estimated in the strategic plan.
- Tightly scheduled interdependent regional/national initiatives did not change and additional costs were not incurred.
“Amy’s ability to focus and interact with all levels across the company and work across a diverse knowledge base was absolutely impressive! She demonstrated a strong commitment to the success of the strategic initiative. She is an extreme professional with many outstanding skills that make her such an asset an integral part of the success of the initiative. She was an invaluable leader who was able to grasp very complex concepts very quickly. She helped to overcome so many challenges in an extremely short period of time and we would not have been successful without her!
Kaiser Permanente, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan