A national organization needed to develop common operational measures, targets and consistent business processes across eight (8) regions in order to gain management insights to identify opportunities for improvement.
Elements of the Approach:
Amy partnered with executives, physician and health plan leaders, directors, managers, supervisors, analysts and staff across the organization in many ways. A few elements are listed below:
- Created and conducted a two-day workshop with regional and national leaders to identify new, common operational measures and targets.
- Created new, consistent processes to be used across eight regions nationally.
- Facilitated and led regular decision-making and information sharing meetings to enable teamwork, collaboration and communication across stakeholders.
- Enabled knowledge transfer and increased the skill level of internal resources as part of a full transition.
- Created new management insights just before new healthcare reform regulations began.
- Built a foundation for a larger strategic initiative that will unite the regions onto a single platform within 1-3 years.
- Created a forum for sharing internal best practices across the regions.
- Promoted consistency in the processes and measures.
“Amy Kelling thought of things we didn’t think of. She took away the worry and gave focus and momentum to our new metrics and new process initiative.”
Kaiser Permanente, Colorado Kaiser Foundation Health Plan